Thursday, June 10, 2010

Buffalo wings won't you come out tonight..

I blame my husband. Three months travelling around the USA lead to many many meals of Buffalo wings, blue cheese dressing and celery sticks. As a result, I have regular cravings for them and am always looking for that authentic spicy buffalo sauce and thick, creamy blue cheese dressing. I've made my own many many times, with great success, but sometimes you just want to eat out!
Blue Smoke BBQ at New Farm was the most exciting restaurant find for my husband and I since he moved over here! They smoke their own ribs, and make delicious wings with varying degrees of spiciness. Apparently they have just finished a refurb, and we are both dying for another visit!

On our way home last week we both had a craving for wings, but knew Blue Smoke was still closed. We decided to try The Fox at South Brisbane, as I heard they changed their menu to a more American BBQ / Smokehouse style. MLH ordered 10 wings, Nuclear style and I ordered 10 in Traditional. Apparently their "mild" sauce is not actually buffalo sauce, but it's a smoky BBQ flavour. I looked longingly at the homemade Pumpkin Pie, but as I wasn't actually all that hungry I decided it could wait until next visit!
I have to say, Blue Smoke need not worry about any fierce competition in the wings department. The Traditional sauce was a lot spicier than I was expecting, and the wing portions were small. I also found the blue cheese dressing to be a little watered down.

I enjoyed the wings, but couldn't help comparing them to Blue Smoke! I hear they are open for business again this week - Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment