Sunday, February 13, 2011

A good-bye is never painful unless you’re never going to say hello again

It's not like eye candy carousel has completely perished, more like an extended hiatus! You know how it is..

Initially, this blog was created to link up with other bloggers and sporadically write about my life experiences, living as a married 20 something student in Brisbane. I have met lots of lovely people through the crazy blog-o-sphere and through Twitter, including some lovely dinners and casual lunches. I still get a small thrill out of turning up to a restaurant and not actually knowing any of my fellow diners!

I am going to make a concerted effort to blog more often, if not for any other reason than to capture some special moments in my life.

So far, this year has been brought to you by cyclones, floods and the number 17. The crazy weather events of mid January meant that my husband and I were evacuated from our new city apartment for 2 and a half weeks. Friends have had to knock down walls and others have lost all their possessions. We were extremely fortunate.

During the week before the floods, I went to see Blue Valentine at Palace Cinemas with a friend and we had lunch at James Street Bistro next door.

We both walked out of the theatre feeling heavy hearted and a little depressed honestly! It was a pretty honest portrayal of what can happen to a marriage... just not necessarily your feel good flick!

Anyway, our lunch at James St Bistro certainly perked us up! I ordered the roast pumpkin salad which was honestly one of the best salads I have ever had! Rocket leaves, feta, tomato, spanish onion, flaked almonds and balsamic were perched prettily atop two gorgeous pieces of soft roasted pumpkin. A truly hearty and filling salad! Not what I expected, normally the pumpkin is cubed throughout.

Today is February 14th, and there are no blue valentines to be seen. Pink hearts and red roses only, thank you! Hubby is working today and I am be meeting him at 5.30pm for dinner and frivolity on this day of love and lust.

Happy Valentines Day!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment